Navigating through the online gambling world can be overwhelming and choosing the best casino out of the thousands available can be a heavy chore. That is why we have compiled most of what you need to know about online casinos: online casino software, types of casino bonuses, and the differences between live games and normal games. You will also find some of our favourite online casinos in Canada and recommendations on choosing the safest casinos to play at.
Best Real Money Online Casinos in Canada
There are thousands of online casinos operating in Canada. To find the best ones, you would need extensive research and a lot of patience. Luckily, our online casino reviews save you this hassle. We’ve selected two of the best real money casinos in Canada for you. Let’s have a look at them!
- Betway Casino: Betway casino is one of the best online casinos in Canada, and even globally. This casino boasts over 500 games and a sportsbook for your enjoyment. When you sign up, you are eligible to claim a welcome bonus of up to $1800 and 50 free spins. The $1800 bonus amount can be claimed over four deposits and is subject to terms and conditions, including a 60x wagering requirement. If you want some more thrill, you can always head over to the live casino section, filled with games from the best software providers like Evolution Gaming.
- Emojino Casino: Emojino might have what it takes to satisfy your casino wants with the 1000+ games it offers. This online casino, licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), has a generous welcome bonus for new players, which of course is optional. This bonus consists of $1100 bonus credit and 75 free spins, to be claimed over three deposits. Before claiming this bonus, read the terms and conditions. One of these terms is a wagering bonus of x40. There is a live casino section if you are in the mood for some fast-paced action.
Legit Online Casinos in Canada with High Payouts
A payout percentage is the predicted return you will make from a bet at a casino. For example, if you bet $100 at a casino with a payout rate of 95%, you would expect a $95 return (fees excluded). Let’s talk about some online casinos in Canada with the best payout rates.
- Spin Casino
- Spin Casino definitely impressed us with its 97.59% payout rate. On this site, you will find over 550 games to choose from and a live sports betting section. Every new player can claim the generous welcome offer, with a deposit as low as $1. This deposit gives you 70 bonus spins on the slot Agent Jane Blonde Returns. The bonus is subject to a wagering requirement of 200x.
- Casino Friday
- At Casino Friday, players get a payout rate of 97.5%. When you sign up at this casino and make a minimum deposit of $20, you can claim the welcome bonus, 100% matched up to $500 and 100 free spins. The wagering requirement for the bonus credit is 40x and for the free spins, 30x.
What is an Online Casino Software?
For online casinos to run seamlessly, they need a set of programs. This set of programs is called online casino software. This specialized software provides games for players and is based on random number generators (RNGs) that ensure that games are perfectly fair. So, for every spin or every card shuffle, the RNGs produce a random string of numbers, ensuring that results are completely unpredictable. Casinos rarely develop their own software. Instead, they have third-party providers. It is for this reason that you will see the same games on several casino websites. The best online casinos in Canada offer games from multiple software providers. Some of the most popular providers are Playtech, Evolution Gaming, Net Entertainment, and Microgaming.
How We Rank the Best Online Casinos in Canada
We put casinos through meticulous screening before we rank them on our Canada online casino reviews. Knowing how we rank these casinos will help you when you’re choosing a casino that is suited to your wants. Let’s have a look at the factors we take into consideration when ranking these casinos.
- Games Selection: Games are the backbone of every casino. The best casinos have larger selections of games, so there is a higher chance that you will find something suited to your tastes. Online casino odds are unpredictable, but it is better to choose games with low house edge.
- Safety and Security: It is important for online casinos to ensure that your transactions are secure and your personal details and payment information are kept confidential through the use of a 128-bit or 256-bit SSL encryption technology. The casinos we recommend are licensed by regulatory gambling bodies. The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission are some regulatory bodies in Canada.
- Customer Support: The online casinos we recommend have several customer support channels, so you know you will get help in case you ever run into an issue.
- Payment Methods: It is important for you to have access to safe and convenient online casino payment methods so you can make deposits and withdraw any potential winnings.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Bonuses and promotions are always optional, but they are a great way for you to get some value out of your casino experience. Most casino bonuses have terms and conditions attached to them.
- Responsible Gaming Tools: We recommend online casinos that provide tools for players so they can control and keep track of their gambling activities. Some of these tools are cool-off period, deposit limit, and self-exclusion. Visit this website to find out more about responsible gaming.
Different Types of Casino Bonuses
As we already mentioned, online casino bonuses are optional. However, they are a way for you to make the most out of your gaming budget. There are several types of bonuses, and they almost always have terms and conditions attached to them. The most common bonus term is a wagering requirement. The best casino bonuses online have low or medium wagering requirements. A wagering requirement is a multiplier that represents the number of times you must bet through a bonus before you can withdraw any potential winnings. So, if you accepted a 100% matched promotion by depositing $10 and there were a wagering requirement of x10, you would have to deposit and play through $100 to be eligible to withdraw any winnings. Let’s take a look at the different types of casino bonuses.
- Welcome Bonus: Welcome bonuses usually come in the form of extra credit or free spins and they are available to new players. These bonuses become active as soon as you sign up on a casino website. While it is more popular to get bonuses after you fund your account, there are some bonuses you can claim at real money online casinos with no deposits in Canada.
- Deposit Bonus: To claim this bonus, you would need to make a deposit first. These types of bonuses usually come as welcome bonuses but could also be part of a casino’s promotional offer. These bonuses have terms and conditions attached, and wagering requirements are almost always part of these T&Cs.
- No-Deposit Bonus: As the name implies, you don’t have to make a deposit to claim this bonus. Most of the time, you would need to sign up first. These types of bonuses usually have large wagering requirements attached to them so make sure to read the terms and conditions before claiming them.
- Free Spins: If you love slots, then you’ll enjoy these bonuses. Some casinos offer free spins either as part of the welcome bonus package or as a separate promotional offer. Some of these free spins come with wagering requirements, but you could also find some that are completely free.
- **Loyalty or VIP Bonuses: **These types of bonuses are available for returning players and feature better and bigger rewards. Some of them come with lower rollover requirements which means you can withdraw any potential winnings sooner.
Differences Between Live Games and Normal Games
Online casino live games and normal games are extremely similar but there exist some fundamental differences. Let’s have a look at those differences.
- **Game Experience: **Live games are a realistic imitation of a land-based casino. There is a dealer who oversees every game, and the games are streamed live. These games are multiplayer-focused. Regular games, on the other hand, are completely virtual. Random number generators (RNGs) produce unpredictable numbers for the games, so the presence of a dealer is unnecessary. Regular games feature just a single player.
- Time and Control: With live games, the pacing of the game largely depends on the dealer; they decide when to deal or spin, according to the casino’s regulations. With regular games, on the other hand, you decide when and where you want to play.
How to Find a Safe Online Casino in Canada
The offers online casinos in Canada propose can be very tempting. However, before accepting those offers, you need to make sure these casinos are safe. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Pay attention to the casino’s license. Some reliable licensing bodies are British Columbia Lottery Corporation, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
- Research casino privacy regulations. Check if the casino shares your information with any third party.
- Ensure casinos have SSL security, identity checks, and two-step verifications in place.
- Research casino payment methods, processing times, and transaction fees.
- For Ontarian players, play at province-approved Ontario online casinos.